Friday, August 29, 2008

Other things I want to eat when I am home

Being the compulsive list-maker that I am, I figured I should start a list of all the other things I want to eat when we are home in Hawaii. Yes, of course I am excited about seeing my family and friends, but you need to understand how important the food is! Hawaii is such a unique melting pot...

manapua - from libby's
malasadas - from leonard's
poke' - from fish express
pork hash
macadamia nut ice cream
kona coffee ice cream
shave ice - from the north shore
hula pie - from duke's
crab & lobster - fresh caught by either of my brothers or my dad
palani - fresh caught and pulehu'd on the grill the same day
guava cake - from delight bakery
lilikoi chiffon pie - from omoide bakery
fresh guavas, lilikoi, papaya, and pineapple (too bad mango season will be over by then!)
hamura's saimin
long john's - from my mom's & step dad's bakery (daylight donuts)
sweet chicken - from hanamaulu cafe
lau lau
manju - from lawai store
poi
kulolo
kona coffee
chicharon - made by my dad
pork guisantes
authentic bento box / box lunch
fresh sashimi
char siu
lumpia
bundai bundai
boot boot
POG

java kai *never been here but I hear it is THE place for coffee on Kauai

No comments: